For those of you unfamiliar with Disney After Hours, it is an opportunity for guests to experience the parks for three hours after the parks close. The idea behind it is that there are a limited number of tickets, so the parks are not crowded and the wait times are greatly reduced. Disney After Hours has been a huge success, so I donâ€™t see it going away any time soon. Here is how it works.
Disney after hours is a separate ticketed event that allows you to enter the park as early as 7 PM with the actual event taking place from 10 PM to 1 AM. Take advantage of the early entry time if you want to see the fireworks. Tickets for regular Disney After Hours events are currently $125 plus tax per person when purchased in advance. They are $129 per person when purchased on the day of the event. Tickets are $95 for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members. I donâ€™t recommend waiting until the day of the event, as there may not be any tickets left. The After Hours events for Magic Kingdom take place on Thursday nights. The special Disney Villains nights will run on Thursdays from June 6 through August 8.
What About the Villains Events?
There are some extras besides just meeting the villains for these events, which means the tickets are going to be a little more than usual. They will be $139 in advance or $144 on the day of the event. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members will pay $109. Some of the villains you can expect to see are Hades and Meg from â€œHercules,â€ Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier, and Maleficent. So, what is going to be different about the Villains themed Disney After Hours as compared to the typical events?
- A brand-new Disney Villains Stage Show will take place on the Cinderella Castle stage. Note the characters will be participating in the show and not available for character greetings.
- Maleficent the Dragon will be out for the first time at night.
- There will be villain-inspired additions at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.
- A variety of villain inspired special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase.
- Event attendees can also purchase new logo merchandise, as well as items from a curated collection of the best Disney Villains merchandise available.
Are all of the villain perks and an uncrowded park with low wait times enough to sway you into purchasing a ticket? We would like to know what you think.