What can be more American than barbecue! Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue is coming to the American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot. The new restaurant is taking its name from Sam Eagle, the most patriotic of the Muppets. According to the article on Disney Parks Blog the fast casual restaurant will be the site for â€œSamâ€™s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.â€
After looking at the proposed menu I like where Disney is going by making this a salute to the different barbecue regions of the USA. Here is what to expect:
- From Texas: beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast
- From South Carolina: smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions
- From Kansas City: smoked chicken
- From Memphis: dry-rub pork ribs
- From North Carolina: chopped smoked pork butt
There are also lighter and vegan options available if that is more your thing.
Which barbecue style is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.